Collaborative Enterprising is an agile and flexible business structure that enables self-employed professionals to organise themselves into competitive and sustainable business enterprises. The enterprise can be established without the requirement for capital, infrastructure, or fixed employment. It can also be operated with almost zero fixed costs. This structure is suitable for service providers such as coaches, consultants, freelancers, home based businesses, virtual assistants, and other self-employed professionals.
Adding value to solo professionals
Operating on their own, self-employed professionals do not have the full range of organisational skills required to run a successful and sustainable solo business. Ki Work uniquely enables them to earn substantial additional income by collaborating as a team. Ki Work provides added value through product creation, business development, sales and marketing, branding, web-based tools, and co-ordination.
The organisational model is based on the followng key principles:
- an entrepreneur identifies a potential business opportunity for services and recruits a team
- the services provided can be delivered partially or wholly online to customers in multiple locations
- the providers of the services are self-employed professionals able to work as members of distributed teams
- the providers agree to collaborate on a revenue-share and pay-as-you-go business model
- the risks are shared proportionately
- all the team members manage their own operational costs
- the terms of collaboration are summarized in a single simple agreement
- there is no requirement for a single legal entity or shareholding structure
- operations are enabled using a range of web-based tools and applications
- teams can be created, re-formed, and dis-assembled dynamically.
The organisation structure consists of three elements with a typical revenue share split as follows:
- co-ordination 16%
- sales 20%
- delivery 64%
The percentage split can be varied according to the requirements of the project or service.
The main benefits of this model are:
- flexibility and agility
- major operational cost savings
Incubating collaborative enterprises
Ki Work is a web-based social network utility that supports the incubation, marketing and management of collaborative enterprises.
Ki Work's immediate goal is to test the market for a 3-month affordable career transition support service for higher income unemployed professionals through the provision of a free service for up to 100 customers.
Besides career coaching, Ki Work is reviewing multiple applications for Collaborative Enterprising.
Contact Michael Wolff
CEO Ki Work